Re: How i can empty the buffers of a db

От Josh Jore
Тема Re: How i can empty the buffers of a db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Josh Jore <josh@greentechnologist.org> writes:
> > I take it you mean the shared memory buffer then[1]. You stop PostgreSQL.
>
> Probably a more interesting question is why would you want to?  What
> is it you actually want to accomplish?

I don't know about you but I'm prepared to be fully boggled by people's
wishes for functionality. My only guess is that he wanted to avoid initial
use of cache or something. Maybe to watch disk io or something like that.
Anyhow, I suppose that also means just do the work directly after a fresh
boot to avoid the filesystem buffer cache as well. It's all very wacky.

Joshua b. Jore ; http://www.greentechnologist.org