Re: Multiple Servers

От C. Bensend
Тема Re: Multiple Servers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> >     * Users need to have superuser access to their OWN
> >       databases
> >     * Users should not have the ability to create users
> >       or databases
> >     * Users _need_ to be able to create tables, modify
> >       tables, drop tables, etc
>
> Do they really need to be superusers, as opposed to just database
> owners?  ISTM that what you are really after is simply that each
> user is the owner of his own database, and has no other special
> privileges.

Hey Tom,

    I guess I might be misinterpreting the term "superuser"
in reguards to the database.  "The owner of his own database"
is EXACTLY what I am looking for.  The user should _not_ be
able to create databases, or users, etc.  They should _only_
be able to add/alter/drop tables within their _own_ database.

    I would be forever indebted if someone could tell me
_how_ to achieve this.  I acknowledge the fact that I am a
complete newbie to DB administration.  It's a fine art that
I'm just now diving into.  DBA's are artists, while I am the
strange-looking fellow in the corner with a broom.  ;)

Thank you for any 2X4's to the head,

Benny

You see, we're leveraging the synergies of our existing open source
solution, without reliance on a single vendor.
Or in english: We use samba cause NT sucks ass.
                                                       --greg@rage.net