Executing external scripts

От Mark Jewiss
Тема Executing external scripts
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Executing external scripts  (Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I've been doing some reading through the documentation and the archives of
this list but have not got very far yet.

I want to be able to create a trigger that when fired will execute an
external script. I may require arguments to be passed to the script from
the trigger.

I can't find a definate yes/no as to whether this can actually be done or
not in Postgresql 6.5.* - does anybody know?

Looking over the functions section, I might be able to do what I need to
do using one of the languages. However, I don't know C, and it does not
apply to what I'm doing anyway. I need to use Perl, but this means writing
a procedural language handler, which has to be done in C, which I don't
really know..... :(

Has anybody written, or knows of the existence of, a PL for Perl for
Postgresql?

Regards,

Mark.
--