Re: [GENERAL] Convert MS access database into PostgreSQL

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Convert MS access database into PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Duncan Kinder wrote:

> How do you import text data into Postgres?
>
> You should be able to export Access data into text format and then - if it
> is possible to import that text - import that text into Postgres.
>
> This would be generally interesting to someone working in, for example,
> computer assisted reporting (CAR), where they spend a lot of time
> downloading -  say, census or Bureau of Labor Statistics data - into their
> databases and then manipulating that data.

You can do it with the SQL COPY statement (you must be the postgres
superuser to do it), or the psql command \copy (and you don't need to be
the superuser, but it has some limitations).

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards.  I got a full
house and four people died."
        -- Steven Wright