Re: your mail

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: your mail
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 12 May 1999, Ilhuicatzi Cortes J. Henry wrote:

>   Im trying to run this CGI.
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
> use Pg;

I recommend using the CGI module for perl CGI.  It'll make your life a
lot easier (you don't need to use the here documents).

>  I think that all it's O.K and then i try to run it in a browser and i
> get the next result.
>
> Conectado a la base de datos: henric
> ERROR: FATAL 1: SetUserId: user 'nobody' is not in 'pg_shadow'
>
>   What's wrong?
>
>  Im using Pg in the new Style.

Your web server typically intiates connections under user 'nobody', for
security reasons (nobody usually has no default shell, so crackers can't
use it to break into your system).  You need to create a user in Postgres
also called 'nobody' so it cann access your database.  You will then need
to grant whatever rights you need for 'nobody' to use your database (at
least give SELECT rights).   I'm guessing you are using Apache and some
flavour of Unix, be it Linux, FreeBSD, etc.

Brett W. McCoy                                                   http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
Admiration, n.:Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.    -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's
Dictionary"