Re: Poll on your LAPP Preferences

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: Poll on your LAPP Preferences
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mike.....

> If I can improve this process, then a developer can download my web app,
> try it out rapidly, comparing it against others, and hopefully decide on
> mine because I have made it easy to get started and easy to customize to
> their tastes.

If it's a Linux-Apache-PHP-PostgreSQL web app you only need one user, the
one your PHP script logs in as.  Then maybe you could put the same
randomly generated password in both postgres and the PHP script.

Or even have the user name be randomly generated, with or without a
password.

The default would be local access, just to try it out.  If remote access
is wanted it could be a question on the setup script.  Or even done
manually - I don't think anybody will be setting it up across two or more
machines without being pretty sure they want to install your app
permanently.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.....

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
  Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website  http://www.callpix.com
     and my Musician's Online Database Exchange http://www.TheMode.com