Re: Poll on your LAPP Preferences

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Poll on your LAPP Preferences
Дата
Список pgsql-general
brew@theMode.com wrote:

>Mike.....
>

>>If I can improve this process, then a developer can download my web app,
>>try it out rapidly, comparing it against others, and hopefully decide on
>>mine because I have made it easy to get started and easy to customize to
>>their tastes.
>>

>If it's a Linux-Apache-PHP-PostgreSQL web app you only need one user, the
>one your PHP script logs in as.  Then maybe you could put the same
>randomly generated password in both postgres and the PHP script.

Who says?  I sometimes require that the PHP app logs into the database
with the username/password suppled by the user.  This makes it easier to
manage permissions.  Of course you cannot use connection pooling in this
case without a partial rewrite of your app...

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: postgres & server encodings
От: "TJ O'Donnell"
Сообщение: Re: best way to reference tables