Re: How to allow a JDBC to connect to my postgres database

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: How to allow a JDBC to connect to my postgres database
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> Is there any crucial step for allowing a JDBC and
> remote hosts to connect to database. Please suggest
> some pointers or documentation.

From the faq:

3.5) How do I control connections from other hosts?

By default, PostgreSQL only allows connections from the local machine
using Unix domain sockets or TCP/IP connections. Other machines will not
be able to connect unless you modify listen_addresses in the
postgresql.conf and enable host-based authentication by modifying the file
$PGDATA/pg_hba.conf accordingly.

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
  Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website  http://www.callpix.com