Re: How to allow a JDBC to connect to my postgres databa

От Molenda, Mark P
Тема Re: How to allow a JDBC to connect to my postgres databa
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Yes you have to setup postgres to accept connections from other machines, if
I remember you need
to start it with a "-i" option. You also have to allow connections in the
config files.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of brew@theMode.com
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 2:30 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] How to allow a JDBC to connect to my postgres database

> Is there any crucial step for allowing a JDBC and remote hosts to
> connect to database. Please suggest some pointers or documentation.

From the faq:

3.5) How do I control connections from other hosts?

By default, PostgreSQL only allows connections from the local machine using
Unix domain sockets or TCP/IP connections. Other machines will not be able
to connect unless you modify listen_addresses in the postgresql.conf and
enable host-based authentication by modifying the file $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf
accordingly.

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
  Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website  http://www.callpix.com