Re: Selecting Varchar range.

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Selecting Varchar range.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Daryl Beattie wrote:

> Dear PostgreSQL people,
>
>     I didn't find this in the archives or the idocs, so...
>
>     How does one select a varchar range? The meaning of my question is
> best illustrated by the following completely hypothetical and totally
> imaginary situation:
>     Let's say I have a table of musical artists:
>
> CREATE TABLE Artists (
>     Id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
>     Name VARCHAR(100)
> );
>
>     And I want to eventually display only the artists from 'Aa' to 'Am'.
> Naturally doing a select where Name like 'A%' will not return me what I
> want.
>     Any ides on how to do this? [Will "SELECT Name FROM Artists WHERE
> Name > 'Aa%' AND Name < 'Am%';" work?]
>
>     Bonus question: How do I select artists whose names start with a
> number?

Think REGEX.    A[a-m]%   [0-9]%

If any of your artists are indies, send them to www.unknown-artists.com

Vince.
      http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com

От: Daryl Beattie
Сообщение: Selecting Varchar range.
От: Randall Perry
Сообщение: Re: Craetalang function can't find libgcc_s.so.1 on