Re: pgindent run?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: pgindent run?
Дата
Re: pgindent run?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > If people can get their patches in all at one time, that would work.
> > > The only problem there is that people who supply patches against 7.1
> > > will not match the 7.2 tree, and we get those patches from people for
> > > months.
> >
> > and those patches should only be applied to the v7.1 branch ... we are
> > suggesting (or, at least, I am) is that you pgindent *HEAD* after we've
> > branched off v7.1 ...
> >
> > ... that way, we go into the new dev cycle "clean", but we doon't mess up
> > the *STABLE* tree ...
>
> But we get patches from 7.0.X now that get applied to 7.1.  All our
> developers are not working on CVS trees.  Many use their main trees and
> send in the occasional patch.

and most times, those have to be merged into the source tree due to
extensive changes anyway ... maybe we should just get rid of the use of
pgindent altogether?  its not something that I've ever seen required on
other projects I've worked on ... in general, most projects seem to
require that a submit'd patch from an older release be at least tested on
the newest CVS, and with nightly snapshots being created as it is, I
really don't see why such a requirement is a bad thing ...