Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Here's my "fear"...we go beta on jan 1st, for a 6.6 ... if last beta was
any indication, we're talking 2-3 months of beta, so March/April before we
do a release, which disrupts everything that those working on v7.0
features is working on...plus, while debugging, it distracts them from
that work.

If we wait to break into Beta around June 1st, we're still going tobe
talking 2-3mos of beta work, max, so Sept 1 or so for a release...

We're to the point of "competing with the big boys"...how often does
Oracle release?

How about this?  Out of the list below, how many can be *safely*
back-patched to the -STABLE tree?  The kind of thing where ppl are
*confident* enough that we could put out a v6.5.4 based on those patches?

I would rather see the *safe* ones backpatched and a v6.5.4 released, then
tie up ppl working v7.0 features with debugging an interim release, but
that's just me :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org