Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> What do we have now for a v6.6?  I'm not against, just wondering if we
> have enough to warrant a v6.6, that's all...

Just from completed TODO list items I have many.  This doesn't count the
non-list items like the psql rewrite and other big stuff that never made
it to this list.  If this gets people interested, I can generate a full
log dump to show the items.

* -Recover or force failure when disk space is exhausted(Hiroshi)
* -INSERT INTO ... SELECT with AS columns matching result columns problem
* -Select a[1] FROM test fails, it needs test.a[1](Tom)
* -Array index references without table name cause problems [array](Tom)
* -INSERT ... SELECT ... GROUP BY groups by target columns not source columns(Tom)
* -CREATE TABLE test (a char(5) DEFAULT text '', b int4) fails on INSERT(Tom)
* -UNION with LIMIT fails
* -CREATE TABLE x AS SELECT 1 UNION SELECT 2 fails
* -CREATE TABLE test(col char(2) DEFAULT user) fails in length restriction
* -mismatched types in CREATE TABLE ... DEFAULT causes problems [default]
* -select * from pg_class where oid in (0,-1)
* -SELECT COUNT('asdf') FROM pg_class WHERE oid=12 crashes
* -require SELECT DISTINCT target list to have all ORDER BY columns
* -When using aggregates + GROUP BY, no rows in should yield no rows out(Tom)
* -Allow HAVING to use comparisons that have no aggregates(Tom)
* -Eliminate limits on query length
* -Fix memory leak for aggregates(Tom)
* -Allow compression of large fields or a compressed field type
* -Allow pg_descriptions when creating tables
* -Allow pg_descriptions when creating types, columns, and functions
* -Add index on NUMERIC/DECIMAL type(Jan)
* -Move LIKE index optimization handling to the optimizer(Tom)
* -Allow psql \copy to allow delimiters
* -Add a function to return the last inserted oid, for use in psql scripts
* -Allow psql to print nulls as distinct from "" [null]
* -Certain indexes will not shrink, i.e. oid indexes with many inserts(Vadim)
* -Allow WHERE restriction on ctid(Hiroshi)
* -Transaction log, so re-do log can be on a separate disk by
* -Allow subqueries in target list
* -Overhaul mdmgr/smgr to fix double unlinking and double opens, cleanup
* -Allow transaction commits with rollback with no-fsync performance [fsync](Vadim)
* -Prevent fsync in SELECT-only queries(Vadim)
* -Convert function(constant) into a constant for index use(Tom)
* -Make index creation use psort code, because it is now faster(Vadim)
* -Allow creation of sort temp tables > 1 Gig
* -Allow optimizer to prefer plans that match ORDER BY(Tom)
* -Fix memory exhaustion when using many OR's [cnfify](Tom)
* -Process const = const parts of OR clause in separate pass(Tom)
* -Add needed includes and removed unneeded include files(Bruce)
* -Make configure --enable-debug add -g on compile line

Pennsylvania19026