Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Kyle Bateman wrote:

> I talked to Marc several months ago about the possibility of setting up
> a system for raising money from commercial users of PostgreSQL kind of
> like the "Street Performer Protocol" explained at:
>
> http://www.counterpane.com/street_performer.html
>
> It would basically allow people to view the todo list and to offer a bid
> on various features and enhancements.  At the same time, developers (you
> guys) could bid on doing the actual work.  When the bid pool on a
> certain enhancement got large enough to fund a work bid, the enhancement
> could be done and the developer could actually get paid for his work.
>
> As a commercial user of PostgreSQL, I would be interested in throwing a
> certain number of $$ at various problems/features of the software.  If
> others feel the same way, maybe we could accelerate the development
> process and make it more fun for the people doing the actual work.
>
> Is anyone interested in this kind of thing?  Or are financial interests
> not really the objective for most of the developers?

Ummm...read point 2 at: http://www.pgsql.com/mission.html

We should probably create a seperate, more visible link, but see the
Contribute item at:
http://www.pgsql.com/products.html

And, we even "advertise" the contributors:
http://www.pgsql.com/contributors.html

And note...this has all be here for months...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org