Raising funds for PostgreSQL

От Kyle Bateman
Тема Raising funds for PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I talked to Marc several months ago about the possibility of setting up
a system for raising money from commercial users of PostgreSQL kind of
like the "Street Performer Protocol" explained at:

http://www.counterpane.com/street_performer.html

It would basically allow people to view the todo list and to offer a bid
on various features and enhancements.  At the same time, developers (you
guys) could bid on doing the actual work.  When the bid pool on a
certain enhancement got large enough to fund a work bid, the enhancement
could be done and the developer could actually get paid for his work.

As a commercial user of PostgreSQL, I would be interested in throwing a
certain number of $$ at various problems/features of the software.  If
others feel the same way, maybe we could accelerate the development
process and make it more fun for the people doing the actual work.

Is anyone interested in this kind of thing?  Or are financial interests
not really the objective for most of the developers?

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Availability of SQL standards
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Availability of SQL standards