Re: [HACKERS] postgresql authentification for popper

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgresql authentification for popper
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
If you use Cyrus IMAPd (I use it on all my servers), you can use a PAM
module for authenticating...one server I'm just getting ready to put
online does /etc/passwd first, falls over to radiusd second and then
NT/smb third (need to cover alot of bases)...

Cyrus is also designed so that you don't need to have any users in your
/etc/passwd file...it was basically designed to be an ultra-secure, yet
feature-rich, mail server...

The newest version implements Sieve, for mail filter, which one of the
guyson the mailing list did up a great filter front-end too, so that you
can setup vacation/filters, again, without ever needing to have a user in
your /etc/passwd file ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org