Re: [HACKERS] postgresql authentification for popper

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgresql authentification for popper
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Olivier PRENANT wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I working on a project that will handle around 50000 mailboxes at least.
>
> I have no problem with the system or sendmail. But I'm afraid that
> popper (either pop3 or imap) won't be able to authentificate users the
> standard way (/etc/passwd) does anyone knows if a version of imapd or
> ipop3d has been modified to allow postgresql authentification.
>
> If not, could you give me some pointers.

Earlier in the week I submitted patches to the qpopper folks for a very
similar purpose - although I didn't add any database stuff to it.  It
reads a flat file of username:passwd:UID:GID:$HOME:shell and the UID/GID
can be the same.  Since the routine that reads the alternate password
file (BTW, it reads /etc/passwd first then the alt file) is a standalone
it'd be trivial to modify to read from a PostgreSQL table.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you
seenhttp://www.pop4.net?       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com