Re: Database subdirectories in V7.1.x

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Database subdirectories in V7.1.x
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 16 Oct 2001, Rick Turner wrote:

> Is there some way to revert back to the V7.0.x way of naming things?
Probably not.

> Or is there some workaround to allow one to reasonably manage large
> databases under V7.1.x?
In contrib there's a utility oid2name which will give the number/name
mappings for databases and tables.

The reason tables got renamed into numbers was due to rollbacks of
drops or drops followed by creates in the same transaction.  I assume
that the plan was to move databases in the same direction (although it
looks like create database and drop database both error when called
within an explicit begin block).

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: tcl wish--simple configure problem
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Database subdirectories in V7.1.x