Re: [Fwd: [Gborg-bugs] BUG: reference error when using inherited tables (ID: 269) (new)]

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: [Fwd: [Gborg-bugs] BUG: reference error when using inherited tables (ID: 269) (new)]
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I have a problem with inherited refences.
> For example :
> CREATE TABLE A(LNR integer Primary key  blabla);
> CREATE TABLE B () INHERITS(A);
> CREATE TABLE C(LNR integer primary key blabla, RNR Intger not null,
> unique(RNR), FOREIGN KEY(RNR) REFERENCES A.LNr ON DELETE CASCADE);

> will throw an error, if i try to insert an object into B with a
> counterpart in C. A with a counterpart in C works. Due to the fact,
> that the inheritance is an acyclic graph, the machine should look in B
> to. But i get a reference error instead. Are references on inherited
> tables not implemented yet ?

Exactly.  Currently a foreign key reference is a reference to only the
table explictly mentioned.  There's a bunch of work that needs to get
done to fix this, but people have been thinking about it.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: