[Fwd: [Gborg-bugs] BUG: reference error when using inherited tables (ID: 269) (new)]

От Chris Ryan
Тема [Fwd: [Gborg-bugs] BUG: reference error when using inherited tables (ID: 269) (new)]
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I received this bug on a project I administer that Isn't related to my
project. I forwarded it here to see if any of you could help this
person.

gorefest@ossi.fho-emden.de wrote:

> Title: reference error when using inherited tables
> Bug Type: Software bug
> Severity: Serious
> Software Version: Other
> Environment: k6III-500/394
> SuSE 7.1
> Postgres 7.1
>
> Created By: gorefest
>
> I have a problem with inherited refences.
> For example :
> CREATE TABLE A(LNR integer Primary key  blabla);
> CREATE TABLE B () INHERITS(A);
> CREATE TABLE C(LNR integer primary key blabla, RNR Intger not null, unique(RNR), FOREIGN KEY(RNR) REFERENCES A.LNr ON
DELETECASCADE);

> will throw an error, if i try to insert an object into B with a counterpart in C. A with a counterpart in C works.
Dueto the fact, that the inheritance is an acyclic graph, the machine should look in B to. But i get a reference error
instead.Are references on inherited tables not implemented yet ?