Re: PostgreSQL 7, FreeBSD and locale support

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7, FreeBSD and locale support
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

OB> Dmitry,
OB>
OB> this is known bug fixed in current sources.
OB> It was discussed in mailing list, briefly you have two options - either
OB> compile sources with -funsigned-char (actually, this option is requiered only
OB> for src/backend/regex), or use --enable-multibyte option for configure.

Well, I'd evaluated -funsigned-char gcc option already, but not deeply,
and was slightly frightened by rather intensive usage of 'unsigned char'
type in sources (72 .c and .h files in 7.0.3 source tree contains
declarations of that type).

Is it safe to use? ;-)

Thanks for your support.