Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

От Christopher Farley
Тема Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Grant Finnemore wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Joseph Shraibman contacted me yesterday about whether or not the patch that I
> sent actually does the correct thing. I enclose my response below.

I think the patch does do the correct thing. Remember, in Java,
String.valueOf('\0')==null returns false, so Java developers should not be
surprised when their data shows up in a postgres column as '' rather than
null.

I just think that '\0' should be parsed or stripped from Java strings so
that it doesn't cause weird unterminated string errors.