Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

От Grant Finnemore
Тема Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'
Дата
Re: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'  (Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
Peter,

Joseph Shraibman contacted me yesterday about whether or not the patch that I
sent actually does the correct thing. I enclose my response below.

In brief, there seems to be some problem at the backend inserting a \0. I have
tested the query from the modified jdbc driver, psql and a standalone backend.

Regards,
Grant

I tested by doing the following:-
In psql...
CREATE TABLE t ( aa char(1) );
INSERT INTO t VALUES ('\0');

In java test program...     PreparedStatement ps =        conn.prepareStatement("insert into t values (?)");
ps.setString(1,String.valueOf('\0'));     ps.executeUpdate();

In psql...
test=# select * from t;aa
----

(2 rows)
test=# select ascii(aa) from t;ascii
-------   32   32
(2 rows)

This is wierd! Both psql and the java app insert the same value and both are
not 0.

However,
test=# select ascii('\0');ascii
-------    0
(1 row)

This appears correct, so the problem would appear to be in the insert.

--
> Poorly planned software requires a genius to write it
> and a hero to use it.

Grant Finnemore BSc(Eng)  (mailto:gaf@ucs.co.za)
Software Engineer         Universal Computer Services
Tel  (+27)(11)712-1366    PO Box 31266 Braamfontein 2017, South Africa
Cell (+27)(82)604-5536    20th Floor, 209 Smit St., Braamfontein
Fax  (+27)(11)339-3421    Johannesburg, South Africa