Re: Big 7.1 open items

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Ed Loehr wrote:

> > > you can ... but everything related to postgresql has always been designed
> > > not to require any special permissions to install, and /etc/postgresql
> > > would definitely require root access to install :(
> >
> > ~postgres/etc ??
>
> I would suggest you don't *require* or assume the creation of a postgres
> user, except as an overridable default.

I *knew* somebody would bring this up.  Before I sent that I tried to
describe the intent a few ways and just opted for simple.  PostgreSQL
has to run as SOMEONE.  Substitute that SOMEONE for ~postgres above.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com