Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 02:53 PM 1/4/00 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Great.  Rumour has it there is some HOT transaction code in there, among
> >> other things.
>
> >We may find that that HOT transaction code is the same as our
> >transaction code, which I guess would mean ours is HOT too.
>
> (redundant, but what the heck)
>
> Their "multi-generational" concurrency control sure sounds just like
> MVCC.

I wonder when they implemented theirs?  Basically...is their's based on
old technology/concepts, while ours is based on newer ones?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Opensource
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source