escaping characters ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема escaping characters ...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Vince and I are working on the UdmSearch engine for the web site, and keep
coming across minor "nits"...basically, it was originally designed under
MySQL and they've done preliminary porting to PostgreSQL, but its missing
some things :(

Comment from one of the developers:

===================
The question for PostgreSQL users.
MySQl has 'mysql_escape_string' in it's client library. Does Pg have
something like that? Sorry, we are not enough expirienced with
PostgreSQL.

I've looked through our docs, and find nothing that appears similar ... do
we have something like this in our client library tht I'm not seeing?

if not, what should be escaped?  The only thing that comes to mind is '

thanks...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org