Re: [PHP3] Re: [GENERAL] Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [PHP3] Re: [GENERAL] Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Duncan Kinder wrote:

> Two problems with Postgres:
>
> 1) You have to jump through hoops to post bug reports.

Huh?  Just send an email to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ... its monitored by
all the developers...

> 2) Regression tests.  You have regression tests that purport to tell
> whether Postgres works or not, but then there is language which states
> that a "failure" may not actually be a "failure."  This is very
> difficult to figure out - and hardly clear to say the least.

Various operating systems have different text in their 'strerror()'
messages ...  we have stuff in the regression tests to compensate for
that, and there has recently been work done on reducing, if not,
eliminating those discrepencies...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org