Re: [INTERFACES] Changing User Passwords

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Changing User Passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
One thing I found lacking, or just couldn't find...the ability to
grant/revoke group permissions?  Just something I'm missing, or just not
implemented yet?

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Dave Page wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using pg_shadow based passwords I'm having trouble figuring out how a user
> can change their own password via ODBC. The only way I can see of doing this
> is with ALTER USER, but of course this fails (as shown in the snippet from
> psql)
>
> valesoft=> alter user jbeirne with password xxxx;
>
> ERROR:  alterUser: user "jbeirne" does not have SELECT and UPDATE privilege
> for "pg_shadow"
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated...
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !