Re: [HACKERS] create table and default 'now' problem ?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] create table and default 'now' problem ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Mike Mascari wrote:

> One way around this bug is to create a SQL function
> which returns now() and use it as the default value:
>
> 1. create function mynow() returns datetime
>    as 'SELECT now()::datetime' LANGUAGE 'SQL';
>
> 2. create table test (a datetime default mynow(), b
> int4);
>
> Now things should work:
>
> insert into test (b) values (1);
> insert into test (b) values (2);
>
> select * from test;
> a                           |b
> ----------------------------+-
> Tue Sep 21 01:05:02 1999 EDT|1
> Tue Sep 21 01:05:08 1999 EDT|2
> (2 rows)
>
> Hope this helps,

Why the 'create function'?

hardware=> create table test_table ( a int4, ts datetime default 'now' );
CREATE
hardware=> insert into test_table values ( 1 ) ;
INSERT 115445 1
hardware=> select * from test_table;
a|ts
1|Tue Sep 21 02:00:50 1999 EDT