Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> When I got the the awards area, they were quite nice, and apologized
> for not responding. Apparently their e-mail wasn't actually working
> during the week before the show. Funny, I forgot to ask what system
> they actually were running, but assume that it was some M$ corporate
> garbage. They were using PowerPoint btw for projecting during the
> awards. Should have given them a hard time about it...

>From what Jeff was able to tell when he talked to someone there a few
weeks back, they are "considering moving their accounting system to
PostgreSQL" ... and the 'PowerPoint'...i twouldn't have been StarOffice's
product vs MS, no? :)

> So, we've got a nice trophy, consisting of a curved piece of glass
> with our project name (and Marc F's name; note to us: we should
> probably ask them to put "Postgres Development Group" on it next time)

No disagreement here...

> What should I do with the trophy? Send it straight to Marc, or should
> it travel a more indirect route, perhaps passing through Pennsylvania
> and other places first? The box seems fairly sturdy, and if I put it
> into a bigger box then it should travel OK.

Sounds cool to me...hrmmm...I'd like to get it, like, VRML'd so that we
could put it on the web site and rotated and whatnot :)  "see the back of
our award" *grin*  And I have a good graphic artist up here, I'll get it
"touched up" to say "PostgreSQL Global Development Group", if it can be
done :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: your mail
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow