RE: [GENERAL] How to improve query performance?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема RE: [GENERAL] How to improve query performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> The only suggestion I have is to do the Sort after you get the data
> back, Perl's pretty good at that.
>
> Let me know what the timings are.  I went to the site and it looks like
> it only take ~3-5 seconds to get the data to my browser and format it.

Actually, ended up cheating...have a process that runs every hour to
update a seperate table to hold the 'cumulative stats' in, vs buildlingit
on the fly each time...considering the number of hits I've had on the site
since setting it up, having it re-calculate each time could have proven
interesting...:)