Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> >     Except...if I'm understanding even half of this correctly...by
> > implementing CORBA at the FE/BE level, this effectively eliminates the
> > need for *us* to maintain a seperate interface for each language we want
> > to support, since that is what one of CORBA's design goals is...
> >
> >     In fact, again, if I'm understanding this correctly, this could
> > potentially open us up to languages we currently don't support...?
>
> Yea, that would be neat.  But considering no one really totally supports
> CORBA yet, and we already have tons of working interfaces, perhaps we
> can consider it in the future, or were you thinking in the next 6-9
> months?
Guess that's the next question (vs statement)...who actually
supports Corba at this time?  two, off the top of my head, are Gnome and
Koffice...anyone know of a list of others?
As for 6-9 months...I think this is more in Michael court then
anything...I don't see why work can't start on it now, even if its nothing
more then Michael submitting patches that have the relevant sections
#ifdef's so that they are only enabled for those working on it.  I don't
imagine this is going to be a "now it isn't, now it is" sort of thing...it
might take 6-9 months to implement...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Constantin Teodorescu
Сообщение: How to detect views objects ?
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA