make install fails in perl5 ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема make install fails in perl5 ...
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] make install fails in perl5 ...
Список pgsql-hackers
chmod 755 blib/arch/auto/Pg/Pg.so
cp Pg.bs blib/arch/auto/Pg/Pg.bs
chmod 644 blib/arch/auto/Pg/Pg.bs
Manifying blib/man3/Pg.3
mkdir /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl: No such file or directory at \/usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/ExtUtils/Install.pm line
57
gmake[3]: *** [pure_site_install] Error 2

neat thing is that I swore that I took out perl5 altogether if the install
wasn't being performed by root...and looking at the logs, it appears I
did, and it got undone:

-----------------------
revision 1.214
date: 1998/10/13 17:26:40;  author: scrappy;  state: Exp;  lines: +9 -9

change configure so that if postgresql isn't being installed as root,
do not configure in the perl5 interface.

the perl5 interface needs to be installed under /usr/local/lib/perl5/*,
which is generally owned by root.  This allows a non-root build/install
with the only root requirement being the make/install of hte perl5
stuff...

So, who took the root check out, and when, and why?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org