Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> As everyone has pointed out, we can't count on a specific convention for
> where the lock file should go. However, we can probably count on a
> convention to be followed on a particular OS. That would seem to be
> something to define in Makefile.port, which could then be overridden by
> a configure option or Makefile.custom entry.
>
> On my RedHat Linux systems, the appropriate place seems to be /var/lock
> or /var/lock/pgsql.

    FreeBSD has a /var/spool/lock...Solaris has /var/spool/locks

    Hrmmmm...there are a couple of ways of doing this...we could put
it into the template for the OS as a -DLOCK_DIR="", which would probably
be the simplist (instead of having configure searching all
possibilities)...

Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy@hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
scrappy@{postgresql|isc}.org                       ICQ#7615664