Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.
Список pgsql-hackers
> >> 5.  The port lock will be kept in '/var/opt/pgsql/lock/'.

As everyone has pointed out, we can't count on a specific convention for
where the lock file should go. However, we can probably count on a
convention to be followed on a particular OS. That would seem to be
something to define in Makefile.port, which could then be overridden by
a configure option or Makefile.custom entry.

On my RedHat Linux systems, the appropriate place seems to be /var/lock
or /var/lock/pgsql.

                        - Tom