Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries

От Matthew N. Dodd
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> Anyway, if Matthew wants to write up the way one would put an entry for
> LDFLAGS or LDFLAGS_SO or ?? in a Makefile.custom to get the behavior he
> is advocating I would be happy to include it in the Admin/installation
> docs as an installation tip or alternative.
>
> Matthew?

When I install 6.4 on the systems here I'll see if I can make clean
patches and submit them.

Like I said in my first message this is a sore subject only because I run
into it so much and few software packages seem to deal with it correctly.
What PostgreSQL does won't really affect me as I'll just keep doing what
I've been doing (along with lots of cursing).  If my patches are of any
use then maybe PostgreSQL won't be on my list of things to fix shared libs
before compiling.

Anyhow, getting 6.4 out is of paramount importance so this discussion is
academic at this point.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |