RE: [INTERFACES] What technology ???

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] What technology ???
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Rostislav Matl wrote:

> On 14-Jul-98 Telephone VdB Foods Ltd wrote:
> >      I am in the process of evaluation of all available interfaces for
> >      postgres.
> >
> >      This is in conjunction with web, forms , etc.  The solutions needs to
> >      be performing well , with the minimal development.
> >
> >      The options are combination of   C , perl, CGI , PHP , Jdbc, etc.
> >

> >      Has any one got a comment about this (Hopefully from you experiences).
> >

> >      Thanks,
> >      Saeid.
>

> Use PHP , make your life easier. :)

    That is a matter of perspective, actually...I find perl5 plus the
CGI module easier and faster to code in then PHP/FI *shrug*  If you are
already comfortable in Perl, Perl is better...if you aren't, then PHP is
most likely faster to get up to speed with, but doesn't have all the
features you would have in Perl...