Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

    <> == :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot *grin*

> Why would you need to do a second checkout anyway?  Once you've got
> a local copy of the CVS tree, cd'ing into it and saying "cvs update"
> is the right way to pull an update.

    My understanding (and the way I've always done it) is that:

    cvs checkout -P pgsql

    Will remove any old files, update any existing, and bring in any
new...always worked for me...

> PS: for cvs operations across slow links, the Mozilla guys recommend
> -z3 (eg, "cvs -z3 update") to apply gzip compression to the data being
> transferred.  I haven't tried this yet but it seems like a smart idea,
> especially for a checkout.

    Geez, sounds like someone with enough knowledge to build a
'AnonCVS Instructions' web page? :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?