Re: Serious Assistance with PostgreSQL True Infinite Arbitrary Precision Maths.

От A Z
Тема Re: Serious Assistance with PostgreSQL True Infinite Arbitrary Precision Maths.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
'What I am trying to find is PostgreSQL support for High Precision numbers,
running inside the database engine itself.  PostgreSQL, presently at default,
has only got limited function support, on the range of a double.'

My needs for High Precision Arithmetic require new types and logic
inside PostgreSQL.  What I am after is an extension that comes with
an automatic installer file, standalone, that supports all classic
operators and classic mathematical functions upon and by
means of two types, a High Precision Integer type and a
High Precision Rational type.

I am trying also to get on to someone to help from the pgmp
project, who might be able to help by improving pgmp
to meet these needs.

I need arithmetic and comparison support on Integer and Rational (Decimal type)
numbers.  +, -, *,/,%, ==, !=, <>,>,<, >=, <=. Other important candidates required
include +=, -=, *=, /=, %=.

The trick is, that I also need full classical function support as well.  What I need
is:

ii infinite decimal;
ir infinite real;

cast(ir) returns double precision;
cast(double precision) returns ir;
cast(ir) returns real;
cast(real) return ir;
cast(ir) returns numeric;
cast(numeric) returns ir;
cast(ir) returns decimal;
cast(decimal) returns ir;
cast(ii) returns bigserial;
cast(bigserial) returns ii;
cast(ii) returns serial;
cast(serial) returns ii;
cast(ii) returns smallserial;
cast(smallserial) returns ii;
cast(ii) returns bigint;
cast(bigint) returns ii;
cast(ii) returns integer;
cast(integer) returns ii;
cast(ii) returns smallint;
cast(smallint) returns ii;

cast(text as ii) returns ii;
cast(text as ir) returns ir;
cast(ir as text) returns text;
cast(ii as text) returns text;
cast(ii as ir) returns ir;
cast(ir as ii) returns ii;

sign(ir input) returns ir;
abs(ir input) returns ir;
pi(ii places) returns ir;
e(ii places) returns ir;
power(ir base, ir exponent) returns ir;
sqrt(ir input) returns ir
nroot(ii theroot, ir input) returns ir;
log10(ir input) returns ir;
loge(ir input) returns ir;
log2(ir input) returns ir;
factorial(ii input) returns ii;
degrees(ir input) returns ir;
radians(ir input) returns it;

sind(ir input) returns ir;
cosd(ir input) returns ir;
tand(ir input) returns ir;
asind(ir input) returns ir;
acosd(ir input) returns ir;
atand(ir input) returns ir;

sinr(ir input) returns ir;
cosr(ir input) returns ir;
tanr(ir input) returns ir;
asinr(ir input) returns ir;
acosr(ir input) returns ir;
atanr(ir input) returns ir;

The last two sets of functions are forward and inverse trigonometry functions,
both in degrees and radians.

I also need the update module to install easily.  A windows *.exe and *.msi,
a Linux *.deb, *.rpm or *.bin.

Is there someone or something out there that can get there?

Is there anyone who can help?