RE: Re. Postgres Upgrade.

От shyamkant.dhamke@wipro.com
Тема RE: Re. Postgres Upgrade.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

Please un-subscribe my email from emailing list. Thanks.

Regards

Shyamkant

From: Sushil Shirodkar <sushilps@hotmail.com>
Sent: 07 September 2020 00:43
To: pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re. Postgres Upgrade.

** This mail has been sent from an external source. Treat hyperlinks and attachments in this email with caution**

Hello experts,

Looking for advise/suggestions on the following scenario.

Existing Setup               Moving to

Postgres => 10.5           Postgres => 12.4

Ubuntu   => 16.04.5     Ubuntu   => 20.04.1

Question:

We have new environment ready with PG 10 & PG 12 with Ubuntu 20.

To reduce the upgrade time, can I bring the volume(10/main) from old

server to new server & connect to PG10 and do the pg_upgrade ? will

PG10 running on "Ubuntu 16" work on "Ubuntu 20" for upgrade to PG12 ?

or I have to go thru pg_dumpall route.

Thanks in advance,

Rgs,

Sushil