RE: pgAdmin 8.1 install

От David Barron
Тема RE: pgAdmin 8.1 install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/10/24 12:20, David Barron wrote:

> Note that v6 and v7 are in subdirectories but v8 is not.  If you have
> an existing shortcut that you are using, then perhaps it is pointed to
> the
> v7 directory and needs to be updated to point to the directory that v8
> is installed in.  That would also explain why you had no problems with
> minor updates of v7 but are seeing this after moving to v8.
>
> Craig
>
> Good thinking but no.  All I have in
> D:\Users\dbarron-aas\AppData\Local\Programs\pgAdmin 4 is the v7 directory.

I downloaded and installed pgAdmin 8.1 and it shows up as such when I run it.

Look in:

D:\Users\dbarron-aas\AppData\Local\Programs\pgAdmin 4\runtime

for

pgAdmin4

Then double click on that. I'm guessing it will be 8.1.

Per Craig's comment I'm betting that the icon/shortcut you are clicking on currently is pointing back at the 7.x
version.

The icon I am using to start points to D:\Users\dbarron-aas\AppData\Local\Programs\pgAdmin 4\v7\runtime\pgAdmin4.exe
I did a search and that is the only pgAdmin4.exe installed.  When I double-click on it, 7.8 comes up.
I just went through the install again and there is no v8 directory but watching the install run I see that it's copying
filesto C:\Program Files\pgAdmin 4 instead.

Interesting.  And Look!  It's 8.1.  Who would have thought.

Well, that's straightened out, anyway.  Now, can I uninstall v7 without losing all my connection data?