Re: DBD::PostgreSQL

От Peter Haworth
Тема Re: DBD::PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:13:49 -0800, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 04:19 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
> > You'd also need a runtime check that the server you connected to was of
> > a sufficiently high version. I realise it would make things more
> > complicated, but would it be possible to keep the manual transaction
> > starting behaviour, as well as adding the 7.3 behaviour, and deciding
> > which to do based on the server version?
>
> I think I'd rather do it at compile-time, depending on the PosgreSQL
> libraries available. Folks who compile against 7.3 and then connect to
> 7.2 get what they ask for, IMO.

Fair enough, but at least check the server version on connection, and bail
if it's not high enough.

-- Peter Haworth    pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
"I couldn't even find anything to read. The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."    --
DouglasAdams, the Salmon of Doubt