Re: DBD::PostgreSQL

От David Wheeler
Тема Re: DBD::PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 04:19  AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> You'd also need a runtime check that the server you connected to was
> of a
> sufficiently high version. I realise it would make things more
> complicated,
> but would it be possible to keep the manual transaction starting
> behaviour,
> as well as adding the 7.3 behaviour, and deciding which to do based on
> the
> server version?

I think I'd rather do it at compile-time, depending on the PosgreSQL
libraries available. Folks who compile against 7.3 and then connect to
7.2 get what they ask for, IMO.

> Also, I'd like booleans to be returned as 't'/'f', rather than 1/0, to
> match
> the behaviour of other drivers. Or at least have a driver-specific
> flag to
> control which values get used.

I might add this as an option later -- it'd probably be fairly easy --
but right now I want to get core functionality nailed down, and since
the 1/0 behavior is most Perlish, I'll stick to that as the default.

Regards,

David

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e                                               Jabber: