Re: DBD::PostgreSQL compile time /run time version

От Thomas A. Lowery
Тема Re: DBD::PostgreSQL compile time /run time version
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:13:49PM -0800, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 04:19  AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
> >as well as adding the 7.3 behavior, and deciding which to do based on
> >the
> >server version?
>
> I think I'd rather do it at compile-time, depending on the PosgreSQL
> libraries available. Folks who compile against 7.3 and then connect to
> 7.2 get what they ask for, IMO.

Ack! I hope this isn't true. Think about it: My development machine has
the latest and greatest PostgreSQL installed (along with
Perl/DBI/dbish), I'm testing the difference between PostgreSQL 7.2 and
7.3 in my application. Time to connect with the production server to
research a difference (the 7.2 base).

Do I need to maintain two copies of DBD::Postgres (or DBD::Pg ... not
sure of the new name) one compiled for 7.2 and one for 7.3?

I understand the pain of supporting different functions for different
versions.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Lowery