Re: Jan's Name (Was: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly)

От Peter Haworth
Тема Re: Jan's Name (Was: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:16:05 GMT, John Hall wrote:

> Vaguely remembered, then found on the Web...
>
> Nicklaus Wirth, the designer of PASCAL, gave a talk once at which he
> was asked "How do you pronounce your name?". He replied, "You can call
> me by name, pronouncing it 'Virt', or call be by value, 'Worth'."

You mean this:
"In Europe they call me Niklaus Wirth; in the US they call me Nickel's worth.
 That's because in Europe they call me by name, and in the US by value!"

--
    Peter Haworth    pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
"The familiar dot '.' symbol from Internet addresses