RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely

От Carlos H. Reimer
Тема RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you Tom,

> That sounds like your unspecified "remote client" has got some issues,
> but you've not provided any details that would let anyone else figure
> it out.
The referred client is a Windows psql 8.2.4 utility. This client is running
as part of a Windows PostgreSQL 8.2.4 server where we are making this tests
against the SUSE Postgresql 8.2.4 server.

But the problem first was reported by users of our Visual Basic
applications. After debuging the application we realized that all the
problems reported with the VB applications were with the "select *"
statements. We used the Windows PostgreSQL 8.2.4 server to make the psql
"select *" into the SUSE PostgreSQL    8.2.4 server because we suspected that
the problem with the VB applications was the ODBC driver but when the psql
from the PostgreSQL 8.2.4 Windows server tried to do the same "select *"
into the SUSE and it locked, we discard the possibility of a problem with
the ODBC driver.

Reimer

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: Not able to insert binary Data having NULL
От: "Carlos H. Reimer"
Сообщение: RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely