RE: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Дата
Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I'm starting to take a closer look at this feature.  I've just finished reading the discussion, excluding other
referencedmaterials.

The following IVM wiki page returns an error.  Does anybody know what's wrong?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Incremental_View_Maintenance

[screen]
MediaWiki internal error.

 Exception caught inside exception handler.

 Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.

Could you give some concrete use cases, so that I can have a clearer image of the target data?  In the discussion,
someonereferred to master data with low update frequency, because the proposed IVM implementation adds triggers on
sourcetables, which limits the applicability to update-heavy tables.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa