PostgreSQL(v9.6.5) not releasing old/inactive IDLE connections

От Md Arqum Farooqui
Тема PostgreSQL(v9.6.5) not releasing old/inactive IDLE connections
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL(v9.6.5) not releasing old/inactive IDLE connections  (Paul Smith <paul@pscs.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm facing "Too many clients already" error frequently with my PostgreSQL (v9.6.5) container (i.e. being used along with CKAN application i.e.
A open source data management system ), I have observed that PostgreSQL is not releasing IDLE connections from their end. I have set "max_connetions = 100" in postgresql.

Please provide your suggestions on below queries:

1. Why PostgreSQL is not releasing IDLE connection? (If we leave the setup then postgres keep IDLE  connection even for 1 month, after that I have to restart the Postgres)
2. Is there any parameter or any solution by which i can remove unused old IDLE connection regularly?

Thanks and Regards,
Arqum farooqui

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NEC Corporation India Private Limited or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of NEC Corporation India Private Limited or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.