RE: Added schema level support for publication.

От houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 12:34 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 9:07 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tues, Sep 28, 2021 10:46 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Attached v34 patch has the changes for the same.
> >
> > 3)
> > +       /*
> > +        * Check if setting the relation to a different schema will result in the
> > +        * publication having schema and same schema's table in the
> publication.
> > +        */
> > +       if (stmt->objectType == OBJECT_TABLE)
> > +       {
> > +               ListCell   *lc;
> > +               List       *schemaPubids =
> GetSchemaPublications(nspOid);
> > +               foreach(lc, schemaPubids)
> > +               {
> > +                       Oid             pubid = lfirst_oid(lc);
> > +                       if (list_member_oid(GetPublicationRelations(pubid,
> PUBLICATION_PART_ALL),
> > +                                                               relid))
> > +                               ereport(ERROR,
> >
> > How about we check this case like the following ?
> >
> > List       *schemaPubids = GetSchemaPublications(nspOid);
> > List       *relPubids = GetRelationPublications(RelationGetRelid(rel));
> > if (list_intersection(schemaPubids, relPubids))
> >         ereport(ERROR, ...
> >

> Won't this will allow changing one of the partitions for which only partitioned
> table is part of the target schema?

I think it still disallow changing partition's schema to the published one.
I tested with the following SQLs.
-----
create schema sch1;
create schema sch2;
create schema sch3;

create table sch1.tbl1 (a int) partition by range ( a );
create table sch2.tbl1_part1 partition of sch1.tbl1 for values from (1) to (101);
create table sch3.tbl1_part2 partition of sch1.tbl1 for values from (101) to (200);
create publication pub for ALL TABLES IN schema sch1, TABLE sch2.tbl1_part1;
alter table sch2.tbl1_part1 set schema sch1;
---* It will report an error here *
-----

Did I miss something ?

Best regards,