RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 2:31 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right. I've fixed this issue and attached an updated patch.

Thanks for your patch.

I read the discussion about stats entries for table sync worker[1], the
statistics are retained after table sync worker finished its jobs and user can remove
them via pg_stat_reset_subscription_worker function.

But I notice that, if a table sync worker finished its jobs, the error reported by
this worker will not be shown in the pg_stat_subscription_workers view. (It seemed caused by this condition: "WHERE
srsubstate<> 'r'") Is it intentional? I think this may cause a result that users don't know the statistics are still
exist,and won't remove the statistics manually. And that is not friendly to users' storage, right?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoAT42mhcqeB1jPfRL1%2BEUHbZk8MMY_fBgsyZvJeKNpG%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com

Regards
Tang